* why i like them: Because she grows. Out of any character in the Buffyverse she’s the one that seems to have the most elegant and so powerful arc to her character. Others have a lot of depth but they have so many twists and WTF incidents as part of what makes them who they are that characters I love for their complexity like Buffy and Willow can feel a bit ‘cluttered’ by the end of things. Cordelia followed a path of constant growth - a story of becoming enlightened really.
* why i don’t: Hmm…I don’t really have a reason to not like her. Overall I quite liked her story apart from the bit in one of the later seasons of Angel where she got pregnant with a demon child or something. That sucked.
* favorite episode/scene: I can’t really remember individual episodes right now. I loved her every time she tried to reassure the scoobies or try to find empathy with one of them and was terrible at it.
* favorite season/movie/arc: Her taking on the visions from TPTB in Angel and her growth into being the heart and soul of the cast in that show. Seeing her mature and suffer and grow up was really well handled.
* favorite line:”You know what I’ve been asking myself a lot this last week? Why me? Why do I get impaled? Why do I get bitten by snakes? Why do I fall for incredible losers? And you know, I think I’ve finally figured it out. What my problem is, it’s Buffy Summers. That’s when all my trouble started.”
* otp: Cordelia/Doyle. I liked their dynamic but they had a wrong place at the wrong time aspect to them - same burden at different times. The understanding that they could have had about one another is really interesting to me.
* favorite platonic relationships: Angel. That was a great relationship and gave Angel a non-buffy relationship I could actually believe and get behind which was a large task. Without Cordelia to humanise him and show he could be something other than a broody boyfriend I don’t think I ever would have seen him as a valid character in his own right.
* head canon: She would watch terrible high school dramas and comedies (Would have LOVED Glee - total Quinn stan) because it was nice to hearken back to simpler time.
* unpopular opinion: I liked her with Xander. They were adorable up until they suddenly weren’t.